According to a Facebook post from one of the estranged sons of Fred Phelps Sr., the anti-gay preacher who was the driving force behind Westboro Baptist Church is close to death. Nathan Phelps claims his father is on the “edge of death” at a hospice facility in Topeka, Kan.
Another estranged son confirmed this news to a Topeka newspaper. According to a USA Today report, a spokesperson for Westboro Baptist Church said that while the pastor is in a hospice facility, reports that he is close to death are “not well-informed.”
Westboro Baptist Church became infamous for its protests at funerals, which has triggered numerous court proceedings across the country. Nate Phelps claims his father was ex-communicated from Westboro last year.
- Family defends man accused of biting off piece of infant son's nose
- Video: Dolphin ‘asks’ diver to cut fishing line off body
- Young girl chased by 'stampede' of rabbits
- Mother gives birth to twins sharing one body
- Woman 'foaming' at mouth abducts kids in running car