An epic battle between two of nature's most feared beasts came to an end with a monster crocodile named Brutus coming out as the winner against a bull shark.
The incident was captured by Andrew Paice as he and his partner Nikki and seven-year-old daughter Madison were on a river cruise on Kakadu's Adelaide River.
'The tour guide had Brutus jumping at some meat the first time we went past him. Brutus is quite well known up here… he jumps really high for an old crocodile,' he told Daily Mail Australia.
Paice says they passed by Brutus and noticed something in his mouth. The tour guide backed the boat up and that's when they noticed the shark in the croc's teeth wiggling around. He says shortly afterwards, Brutus swam off into the mangroves to devour his prey.
- Elderly couple dies hours apart after 62 years of marriage
- Owner considers keeping pit bull that reportedly killed her mother
- More owners, vets claim dog deaths may be linked to Trifexis drug
- Restaurant offers discount to people who pray before their meal
- Man angered by 3 missing Chips Ahoy! cookies tries to kill roommate, police say