Hospital officials in Sacramento announced Tuesday that a patient has been admitted for treatment after possible exposure to the Ebola virus.
The patient was admitted to the South Sacramento Kaiser Medical Center.
Officials said they are taking all the necessary precautions to protect staff and other patients and are treating the patient in an isolation room.
Doctors are now waiting for test results from the centers for disease control and prevention.
They emphasized that this is a case of possible exposure.
The virus has claimed more than 2,000 lives in West Africa.
- Report: Your instant ramen noodles could be killing you
- Woman caught allegedly having sex with dog, then poisons roommates
- Police: Teacher arrives at school drunk, keeps drinking
- Record-setting 1,011-pound monster alligator caught by Alabama family
- An unexpected mourner deals with Robin Williams death