Residents in a Seminole County neighborhood said they are on the lookout for a 9-foot Burmese python.
They told WFTV several pets have disappeared from Oviedo.
Residents said they believe a Burmese python is to blame.
Several people have seen the snake, and now, the search is on to find it.
Neighbors WFTV spoke with said they want wildlife officials to trap it.
"Is someone else going to spot it in their back yard and is it going to eat their dog?" asked one resident.
WFTV spoke with a local trapper, who said he is not 100 percent convinced the offending snake is a Burmese python.
- Elderly couple dies hours apart after 62 years of marriage
- Owner considers keeping pit bull that reportedly killed her mother
- More owners, vets claim dog deaths may be linked to Trifexis drug
- Restaurant offers discount to people who pray before their meal
- Man angered by 3 missing Chips Ahoy! cookies tries to kill roommate, police say