Over half-million tweets from around America were compiled by Movoto.com.
The site used a computer algorithm to check spelling, grammar and word choice. From that information, they graded the reading level of each state, finding most fall between the 4th and 6th grade level.
The group warned “the required brevity of tweets is likely the cause of this, and the comparison of states is the real measurement of interest.”
Not surprisingly, the results show the worst performing areas closely mirrored the education level of each state.
The bottom five were, Alabama, California, Mississippi, New Mexico, and the lowest ranking state, Louisiana.
The smartest tweeters were in, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Vermont and Minnesota.
- Waitress finally gets $1,000 Mother's Day tip
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Twins born 24 days apart in Boston
- Horrific accident kills Utah toddler on visit to San Francisco tourist area
- The second most practiced religion in the US is...