Investigators say Chava Stirn didn’t just live with the body. She did so as if her mother was still alive.
Cops say Stirn posed the body at the dinner table every evening before putting it to bed every night, covers and all.
Neighbors in Brooklyn say they had no idea anything was going on.
It wasn’t until a worker went to search for a leak in the apartment that the horrendous scene was discovered.
When Stirn wouldn’t open the door for workers, they had to break it down. That’s when they saw the body.
“It’s a scene right out of ‘Psycho.’ This is one of the weirdest cases I’ve ever seen,” an officer told the New York Post.
“She may have been living there with the mom’s remains for two or three years. It’s a horrible scene,” they continued.
Police say Stirn was acting “erratically,” and was taken to a hospital for physic evaluation.
- Legos washing up on English beaches
- Baby's dog-mauling death in Ohio ruled an accident
- Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old mother of five for second time
- With 4 months to live, father takes family to Disneyland one last time
- Woman walks away from 120 mph drag racing crash