How do you remove a neighbor you don't get along with? Police said a Florida woman called in a contractor to do the job.
According to police, Ana Maria Moreta Folch called a heavy equipment operator and pretended to be the owner of her neighbor's trailer and hired him to knock down the home and septic tank on the property.
Local media are reporting Moreta Folch presented the bulldozer operator with a key to the trailer. The owner said she'd never given Moreta Folch a key and also said they had never had any issues with each other.
The arrest report, according to The Associated Press, said Moreta Folch wanted the home bulldozed because the thought the people who lived in the trailer were "unsavory" and she thought they had broken into her car.
Moreta Folch was charged with criminal mischief, which is a third-degree felony, and was released on $10,000 bail.
The sheriff's office told ActionNewsJax the trailer's owner is probably out about $25,000.
- "Goodbye mama" final text from boy killed in tornado
- Mom's response to 'troll' triggers outpouring of social media support
- Family dog lies on lost 3-year-old to keep him warm
- Rare alien-looking 'goblin shark' found off Florida coast
- Father of 7 struck, killed, while trying to help crash victim