Outraged viewers reached out to Eyewitness News about a Facebook video they said showed three young people attacking and robbing an ice cream man in Northeast Charlotte.
A girl opens an ice cream cart in the beginning of the video.
The ice cream man closes it and soon the girl and other young people begin hitting the man over and over.
"It seems like he's not trying to fight back initially, like he just wants to be left alone, and that's the thing -- you can't even be left alone," said Manuel Fuentes.
He contacted Eyewitness News about the video and said the young people should be arrested.
"It’s just not right because the man didn't do anything," he said.
Eyewitness News reached out to police Friday morning about the incident.
Within eight hours, they arrested one of the teenagers they believe was in the video -- Daishaun Tyrone Burney. They charged him with common law robbery.
Officers said they were searching for two more people.
Some in the Hispanic community said crime victims who are undocumented sometimes don't report the crimes because they fear deportation.
Police said they don't ask about citizenship when investigating, so they encourage any victim to come forward quickly.
- Texas teen sparks outrage over dead animal Facebook photos
- Police: Boy found unresponsive in hot car while parents drink inside bar
- Mass. veteran gets VA appointment two years after he died
- La. mom says she forgot infant was in sweltering car
- Prosecutors: Father was sexting while child sat in hot car