A Pittsburgh area woman says if it wasn’t for her dog, she wouldn’t be alive.
Deanna Stephenson was asleep when she suffered a stroke. She told WPXI’s Amy Marcinkiewicz that the dog was, “pawing and biting, pulling her hair, doing whatever it took to get her awake.”
When Bella, the miniature pinscher, finally stirred her awake, Stephenson said she called 911. When medics arrived, they immediately knew she had suffered a stroke and she was taken to an area hospital via medical helicopter.
The doctors who treated Stephenson said if the dog had not woken her up, she would have likely died.
- Waitress finally gets $1,000 Mother's Day tip
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Twins born 24 days apart in Boston
- Horrific accident kills Utah toddler on visit to San Francisco tourist area
- The second most practiced religion in the US is...