Theories on what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 (MH370) are plentiful on the Internet and TV news shows, but one Ohio man's theory has gained the attention of thousands.
Wednesday marked 11 days since Flight 370 disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to Beijing Capital International Airport.
Ohio man Keith Ledgerwood posted his own theory on his Tumblr blog that he believes the plane may have "shadowed" another plane to appear undetected.
Ledgerwood says Singapore Airlines flight number 68 was in the vicinity of MH370 when it lost contact with ground crews. He says MH370 could have flown above or below the Singapore Airlines flight and on the same course to avoid radar detection.
The Washington Post included Ledgerwood's theory as one of the "best" on the Internet in a Tuesday story.
"After being unable to escape the idea that it may have happened, I began to do some analysis and research and what I discovered was very troubling to me," Ledgerwood wrote in his Tumblr blog, which has been shared thousands of times.
Of course, there are many theories making the rounds on the Internet, including one by celebrity Courtney Love.
- Must-see: Large fish tank cracks open at Disney restaurant
- School bans boy from using 'My Little Pony' bag, says it 'triggers' bullying
- Mother accused of faking son's cancer for donations
- Teen hosts wild party that sent 5 to hospital; father says he was asleep
- Son claims Westboro preacher Fred Phelps is near death