A Washington state woman may have saved a puppy's life after recording neighborhood kids abusing the animal.
Brandi Luckey says she watched helplessly for days as her neighbor's three young children abused their new puppy.
"I've seen them beat her on the head and kick her,” Luckey said.
She says the kids hit 9-pound German shepherd mix named Bella with a broom, stepped on her, and threw her across the backyard.
"It makes me want to go down and strangle them, seriously,” she said. Instead, Brandi's boyfriend shot a video while Brandi called Crime Stoppers, then animal services. She shared that video with law enforcement and Seattle TV station KIRO-TV.
Officers seized the puppy, and now they want the mother of the three kids in the video charged with animal cruelty.
An Olympia, Washington, vet noticed a limp and says Bella's X-rays will be sent to a radiologist, but she will be OK.
"They could easily have killed her; just stepping on her alone I'm surprised they didn't break some ribs,” Dr. Vicky Smith said, holding Bella inside an exam room.
The animal services officers have asked for the Thurston County prosecutor to file charges against Bella's owner.
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Dad attacks teacher over 'inappropriate' texts to daughter
- High school students make janitor's dream come true
- Florida, Georgia most stressed out states in the U.S., study says
- Newlywed couple killed in head-on crash with each other