A Nashville-area mother is accused of punching an elementary school principal.
Police said the alleged fight was captured on security cameras at Taylor Stratton Elementary School on Monday. The incident was prompted by the discipline of two children.
WZTV reports the mother of one of the children involved went into the school office, demanded to speak with the principal and asked if she yelled at her child. The principal said she told Ericka Harris she “sternly” told the students to stay away from one another.
Harris, according to the affidavit, then told the principal she wasn’t allowed to yell at her child, and the principal responded by saying the mother couldn’t tell her how to run a school.
At that point, Harris allegedly punched the principal in the face and threw a book at her. She was arrested on an assault charge and bonded out of jail.
- Toddler dies after anti-vaccine parents allegedly treated his meningitis with maple syrup
- Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan accused of animal cruelty
- 5 dead in mass shooting near Pittsburgh
- Report: Man arrested after he sold his infant daughter for an iPhone
- Nestle USA recalls millions of frozen products that may have glass