At 41 years old, Mississippi mom Kimberly Fugate says she was surprised to learn she was pregnant — and with triplets no less. But the surprises didn't end there.
Despite several ultrasounds during Fugate’s pregnancy, a fourth baby was somehow missed.
The girls are identical and fittingly their names all start with K — Kenleigh Rosa, Kristen Sue, Kayleigh Pearl and Kelsey Roxanne. (Via WDBD)
They’ll join big sister Katelyn, and the 10-year-old told WAPT she's already come up with a few ideas on how to tell her new sisters apart.
The girls were born 13 weeks premature — weighing between 2 pounds 1 ounce and 2 pounds 8 ounces. On Facebook, the Fugates say their four bundles of joy are doing well — though they’re still on ventilators while their lungs continue to develop.
To give you an idea of just how rare this is, the chances of spontaneous quadruplets are about 1 in 729,000. Doctors say the chances of all four being identical are almost incomprehensible.
See more at newsy.com.
- Man chokes girlfriend in store, customers whip man
- Interview: George Zimmerman says he's homeless and suffers from PTSD
- Selfie' busts church thief
- Second Danish zoo says it won't kill healthy giraffe
- 1 in 4 Americans think the sun revolves around Earth