George Zimmerman is making headlines again after he signed autographs and met fans at a Florida gun show.
According to the New York Daily News, about 20 people showed up to meet Zimmerman, who was acquitted of second-degree murder last summer in the 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, at the New Orlando Gun Show on Sunday.
“It was pretty weird to meet him in person — and wow, he has gained a lot of weight!” fan Melissa, who did not provide a last name, told the Daily News.
Zimmerman's appearance also forced the gun show to change venues. The original, larger venue, the Majestic, backed out because of "community pressure" and backlash, the Daily News reported. The Arms Room gun store hosted the event instead.
Martin's fatal shooting sparked a nationwide debate about race and self-defense. Zimmerman was accused of racially profiling Martin and said he shot the teen to protect himself.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Elderly woman found living with deceased husband for a month
- New scam targets Netflix subscribers
- Teen charged with killing parents in Calif. mansion
- Family of 4 consumes meat contaminated with LSD, leaves hospital as family of 5
- America's 'deadliest fraternity' drops pledging