A 450-pound Florida man was arrested Friday after he hid drugs between his stomach’s fat rolls, deputies said.
A Volusia County sheriff's deputy originally pulled over Christopher Mitchell and Keithian Roberts on State Road 415 in Osteen because Mitchell didn't appear to be wearing his seat belt.
Mitchell told the deputy he was too large to wear a seat belt.
The deputy, however, noticed both men “acting nervously,” according to reports.
A drug-detecting K-9 was brought to the scene. The deputy found cocaine and 23 grams of marijuana hidden underneath Mitchell’s stomach fat, a handgun, and more than $7,000 cash stuffed into a tube sock, according to sheriff's reports.
Roberts was charged with possession of cocaine, and Mitchell was charged with possession of marijuana and cited for not wearing his seat belt.
The bust was part of a bigger crime detail in the area, deputies said.
The operation led to nearly two dozen arrests for drugs, speeding and other offenses.
- Beef penis improperly sold for human consumption, suit alleges
- Neighbor captures video of kids kicking, throwing puppy
- Waffle House employee kills customer, police say
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Jimmy Fallon and Chris Christie prove dads can't dance