Peter Wang and his wife were cleaning a couch in their new apartment, expecting to find some loose change or an old french fry. Instead, they found a 3-foot python.
According to NBC 4 New York, the Long Island couple left the large, nonvenomous snake right where it was and called animal control. When authorities arrived, the python was removed without incident.
SPCA officials believe the snake belonged to the tenant who had moved out, and since there is no law against owning one, no charges will be filed.
- Deputies: 450-pound Florida man hid drugs in stomach fat
- Concerned citizen posts photo of dog locked in hot car on Facebook
- Video of officer, attendee encounter at Pridefest sparks outrage
- Video shows Tacoma officer running over man lying on street
- Watch: Giants fan catches home run ball while holding baby