The honeymoon phase is over for Lareese Michelle Darville and her husband.
Port St. Lucie Police say Darville, 31, charged nearly $50,000 to her employer’s credit card to pay for her own June wedding at the Seminole Hard Rock Café in Hollywood, Fla.
Darville, of Port St. Lucie, was arrested Monday on charges of fraud and grand theft.
The investigation started when the owners of Partners III Pawn Shop received late notices on their company credit cards which hadn’t been used in two years. They also noticed that one of the credit cards was overdrawn by about $10,000, police said.
Police were called to investigate and found that Darville used the credit cards 14 times since September 2012. Darville had the borrowing limits of the credit cards increased and charged nearly $50,000 to pay for her wedding.
Darville was responsible for the finances at the pawn shop.
More Popular Headlines
- 'Dead' baby wakes up crying in funeral home
- Police: Deli owner tries to steal $1m lottery ticket
- After bride is left at altar, guest steps up to marry her
- Man buried alive, discovered by cemetery visitor
- Longest-married couple In America celebrating anniversary