A Massachusetts boy with an inoperable brain tumor has had a wish granted thanks to national attention generated on social media
Danny Nickerson, of Foxboro, simply wanted cards for his sixth birthday Friday. And well-wishers came through in a big way.
According to the Sun-Chronicle newspaper, the support so far has been overwhelming. He has already received more than 30,000 cards, 1,000 packages and more than 24,000 'likes' ... and he can expect many more as well-wishers have taken to social media to share his story and wish.
Danny's birthday is July 25, and all cards can be sent to the Nickerson's home addressed to Danny himself: Danny Nickerson, P.O. Box 212, Foxboro, MA 02035. More information is available on the Danny's Warriors Facebook page.
Here is a look at just some of the social media posts around Danny's wish, compiled by the Sun-Chronicle:
- Must-see: Viral photo shows dog guarding its dying companion
- Giant flying bug with fangs discovered in China
- Queen of England photobomb goes viral
- Former telemarketer reveals how to stop sales calls for good
- Police: Woman lived with dead mother for three years