Sad stories about children being left behind by absentminded parents or caretakers pop up way too often this time of year.
A boy from Nashville came up with an idea last year to put an end to such stories. He was 11 years old at the time and said he came up with his idea not to make a profit but to spread awareness.
Pelham’s invention is made of duct tabs and rubber bands — which qualified it as an entry in Akron, Ohio’s Rubberband Contest for Young Inventors.
Pelham took second place the Science & Engineering Division and won $500 in the 2013 contest.
Read Pelham’s instructions for how to make his EZ Baby Saver here.
- WATCH: Man in Mentos suit dropped into vat of Diet Coke
- Stray bullet kills new father at baby's welcome home party
- Toddler dies after being left in hot SUV all day
- Pa. mom gives birth during open heart surgery
- Father-daughter duo catch burglars in wild car chase