Kayla Oxenham told her children, she “forgot how much she loved fire,” as she seared their skin with a stick.
A 7-year-old told cops her mom also cracked her sisters heads against a wall after she became angry over a cat being locked in a bathroom.
Deputies say the abuse took place in March, but the arrest wasn’t made until this week after daycare workers noticed scars on the children.
“The day care workers did a great job seeing this, reporting it,” Port Charlotte, Florida Police Capt. Les Partington told WFTX-TV.
Oxenham told police she branded the kids, so she would be able to recognize them. She also added she did it so the children could have ice cream.
Oxenham is out of jail on bond while waiting to face charges of felony child abuse.
- WATCH: Man in Mentos suit dropped into vat of Diet Coke
- Stray bullet kills new father at baby's welcome home party
- Toddler dies after being left in hot SUV all day
- Pa. mom gives birth during open heart surgery
- Father-daughter duo catch burglars in wild car chase