A minor league baseball general manager took Prostate Cancer Awareness Night seriously, showing the standing room only crowd how fast one can undergo a prostate exam.
Myrtle Beach Pelicans general manager and vice president Andy Milovich sang his rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame,” Thursday night while getting his exam bent over with his head out the press box window.
The exam was broadcast via live feed to the crowd of 6,599 at TicketRetrun.com field. Thursday night was Prostate Cancer Awareness Night.
Milovich had the exam as part of a challenge with a 10-year-old girl suffering from brain cancer who has a Facebook page about her fight. Milovich agreed to the exam if the page got 10,000 "likes," a number reached Monday.
Milovich said it was an odd night in minor league baseball but also was one of the most important.
—The Associated Press and WPXI-TV contributed
- Must-see: Viral photo shows dog guarding its dying companion
- Giant flying bug with fangs discovered in China
- Queen of England photobomb goes viral
- Former telemarketer reveals how to stop sales calls for good
- Police: Woman lived with dead mother for three years