Light snow continues this afternoon following this morning's heavy burst of snow, which reduced visibility on area roadways. Several counties have issued travel advisories because of blowing and drifting snow.
Here are crashes reported from emergency dispatchers, our news crews and News Center 7 viewers:
- A rollover crash involving one vehicle, at U.S. 42 and Fishworm Road in Cedarville. Fire/rescue teams on scene report that all occupants are out of the vehicle, which ended up on its side.
- A crash on I-675 south near Wilmington Pike has been cleared, but OSP troopers are keeping two lanes closed until ODOT crews can come salt the area. There have been multiple crashes in that area today.
- Westbound 70 in Clark County has reopened following numerous crashes this afternoon.
- A car has reportedly flipped into the median on I-75 near the Austin Boulevard exit in Miami Twp.
- All lanes of Interstate 675 southbound near Wilmington Pike reopened from an earlier crash cleanup a short time ago, but there has now been another crash reported in the same area.
- In Vandalia, a car versus semi crash has been reported on the ramp from the Dayton International Airport Access Road to U.S. 40. That ramp is being shut down.
- Clark County Sheriff Gene Kelly said since 9:52 a.m. his deputies have handled 36 crashes and are currently working on five active crash scenes. He confirmed that I-70 westbound is closed between the 49 and 54 mile markers.
- Preble County Sheriff Mike Simpson said deputies there have handled 12 crashes since 7:45 a.m. this morning and at one point were on seven scenes at once. This has meant that some people with minor issues have had to wait a while. They've had mostly issues on county roads, not on the interstate.
- There is a reported crash at the bottom of the ramp from I-70 eastbound to I-75 southbound in Vandalia.
- We are hearing reports of multiple crashes and slide-offs in I-70 westbound in Clark County. Emergency responders say the interstate is essentially shut down near the 52 mile marker.
- We are hearing reports that a portion of Interstate 70 westbound is closed in Clark County causing major delays. One of our crew members driving westbound from Madison County into Clark County said traffic was stalled but just opened up and began moving again at 1:40 p.m. Twitter user Michael Manley sent a photo of two semis which collided just past Ohio 72. He said the backup is about 3 1/2 to 4 miles long.
- Clark County dispatchers say they have more crashes than they can respond to, including several along Interstate 70.
- A two-vehicle crash reported on North Detroit Street in Xenia.
- U.S. 35 westbound in Greene County, a single-vehicle crash in the westbound lanes just east of the Home Avenue exit.
- 920 N. Main St. in Englewood, a vehicle struck something in front of a restaurant and the driver was possibly passed out.
- Car into a structure at Nordale and Revere in Dayton. Minor injuries were reported and police are calling for a building inspector to look at the damage.
- Clark County, U.S. 68 and Stoneridge. A reported crash possibly involving four vehicles. Emergency radio traffic indicates someone may be trapped in one of the vehicles.
- Southbound Interstate 675 is closed at Wilmington Pike for a multiple-vehicle crash.
- Tipp City area, southbound I-75, Three vehicle crash with one into a wall. No injuries reported.
- West National Road, in front of Rockway Schools, a two vehicle crash reported with injuries.
- Viewer reports multiple crashes along north and southbound Interstate 75 near Middletown
- Jamie Simpson reports road conditions in Centerville/Sugarcreek Twp. area have deteriorated. "In a word, awful," he said. "Nobody can keep control of their car at all. Snow is heavy, we got about an inch or so."
- Butler Twp., northbound I-75 just north of I-70, a red pickup versus a commercial vehicle.
- Miami Twp., report of a crash with injuries at South Union and Lower Miamisburg.
- Serious injury crash reported on South Tecumseh Road in Clark County. A car versus a commercial vehicle.