The reconstruction of Interstate 75 through Dayton means lane closures this week, so drivers should be on the alert and slow down. The speed limit in the zone is 45 mph.
Watch for a double lane closure on I-75 northbound and southbound between Needmore Road and Wagner Ford Road Friday night between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.. It will also happen Saturday and Sunday nights between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
Here’s a look at some of the construction hot spots in our area this week:
• U.S. 35 westbound at I-75, overnight lane closures to July 15 at 6 a.m. This will become a double lane closure at 8 p.m. One lane will remain open to westbound motorists at all times.
• Frederick Pike under I-70, road closure through Nov. 3. Detour is: Southbound – U.S. 40 east to Dog Leg Road south to Little York Road west to Frederick Pike. Northbound- Little York Road east to Dog Leg Road north to U.S. 40 west to Frederick Pike.
• U.S. 35 eastbound ramp to Perry Street, through July 28. This closure only involves the portion of the ramp that curves left onto Perry Street.
• Ohio 49 between Sweet Potato Ridge Road and Blank Road in Phillipsburg, road closure through Sept. 1. The official detour during this closure is: U.S. 40 west to Ohio 503 north to Ohio 722 east to Ohio 49.
• U.S. 40 between South Brown School Road and South Cassel Road in Vandalia, bridge closure through July 28.
• Number Nine Road between Upper Lewisburg Salem Road and Westbrook Road, bridge closure through July 28.
• U.S. 68 northbound and southbound between U.S. 40 and I-70, lane closures through Oct. 15.
• State Route 41 at State Route 235, road closure through August. The official detour during this closure is: U.S. 68 south to U.S. 40 west to State Route 571 west to State Route 201 north to State Route 41.
• State Route 235 northbound and southbound near U.S. 40, bridge restriction through August. One lane of alternating traffic will be maintained.
• U.S. 127 between Otterbein-Ithaca Road and Davidson Road, road closure through Sept. 12.
• State Route 41 between Rench Road and Farrington Road, road closure through July 18.
• State Route 571 between Nashville Road and Worley Road, road closure through July 15.
• I-75 between County Route 25A (Piqua) and County Route 25A (Sidney).
• State Route 29 between Ft. Loramie Swanders Road and Sharp Road/State Route 705, road closure through July 25.
• State Route 47 between Mires Lane and Riverbend Road, lane closure through Oct. 31.
• East Lockington Road Bridge between Miami River Road and River Road, road closure through Oct. 15. The official detour is: Miami River Road to Kirkwood Road to River Road
• Pavement work will require a lane closure on I- 71 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. on July 15. The left lane of northbound I-71 will be closed in the vicinity of the Fields Ertel Road exit. Arrow boards and signs will alert motorists of the lane closure.
• Ohio 48, just south of Mason-Morrow-Millgrove Road, will have various short-term lane closures. The closures will take place between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Friday, July 18. Traffic will be maintained with flaggers.
• I-75 northbound and southbound between Bellefontaine Street and National Road, Lane closure July 16 – 19. Wednesday and Thursday night closures will happen between the hours of 6 p.m. and 8 a.m. Friday night closures will be between 7 p.m. and 8 a.m.
• State Route 116 between Hesse Road and Baker Wright Road, bridge closure through Aug. 14.
• State Route 219 between State Route 66 and County Route 66A, road closure June 16 through July 31.
• East Lower Springboro Road will close for pavement work beginning at 7 a.m. Monday, July 24, The posted detour will be U.S. 42 to Pekin Road to Cincinnati-Columbus Road, back to East Lower Springboro Road.
Online: Find out where other construction zones are in the Miami Valley, watch traffic cameras and find out where the cheap gas is on our new online traffic page at WHIO.com
On Twitter: Get the latest local traffic updates at @WHIOtraffic.
On the radio: Traffic updates throughout the day at News 95.7 FM and AM 1290.