Posted: 12:00 a.m. Friday, Oct. 18, 2013
Special coverage: Breast Cancer Awareness
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED WITH ASCAN
Julie Turner offers these suggestions for getting involved with ASCAN:
• Take action: Visit www.acscan.org and sign up for email alerts. ACS CAN will periodically send emails on federal and state issues that are important to those affected by cancer. The emails will prompt you to send a message to your lawmaker about making cancer a priority.
• Volunteer: Whether you have a few minutes a day or an hour a week, ACS CAN will empower you to become an effective advocate for cancer issues. We provide the training, tools, and opportunities you need to ensure your voice is heard by your lawmakers. Find out more or sign up at www.acscan.org/volunteer.
• Donate: ACS CAN gives ordinary people the extraordinary power to fight cancer. Donations help to support ACS CAN’s grassroots campaigns, training for volunteers, and voter guides to help educate our lawmakers on cancer-related issues. A $10 donation automatically makes you a member of ACS CAN. You can also donate to ACS CAN in honor or in memory of a loved one. Visit www.acscan.org/donate to learn more or make a donation. Contributions or gifts to ACS CAN, Inc. are not tax deductible.
• Find us on Facebook: ACS CAN provides information on news, policy updates, upcoming events, and photos from past events in Ohio on its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ACSCANOH. Visit and “like” the page today.
• Visit the ACS CAN Ohio webpage: There, you’ll find a listing of action alerts, upcoming events, features on volunteer activities, and news articles. Visit www.acscan.org/oh
• Join ACS CAN at Ohio Lobby Day: Every spring, volunteers from across Ohio gather in Columbus to meet with lawmakers and talk about why cancer should be a priority in our state. Volunteers receive training and information to discuss cancer issues that are important to Ohioans. For more information about Lobby Day, contact ACS CAN staff member Lori Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org.