Tacoma, Washington, police are investigating after an officer ran over a man lying on the street early Saturday morning.
The incident happened at about 1:20 a.m.
Tacoma Police Department spokewoman Loretta Cool told KIRO 7 a patrol vehicle traveling at 10 mph ran over a person lying on the roadway.
Police said the officer was patrolling the area and didn’t see the person on the roadway.
A resident in the neighborhood caught the incident on surveillance video and shared it with KIRO 7.
KIRO 7 news partner the Tacoma News Tribune reported the victim was a 22-year-old man. He was taken to the hospital and is in critical condition.
Cool said the investigation remains ongoing.
- Man arrested again for sex act with inflatable pool raft
- Beef penis improperly sold for human consumption, suit alleges
- Neighbor captures video of kids kicking, throwing puppy
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Waitress finally gets $1,000 Mother's Day tip