Man removes daughter from house
A Moorefield Twp. man was taken to Clark County Jail on Wednesday night after he was accused of forcibly taking his 8-year-old daughter without permission, according to the sheriff’s office.
Andrew Haemmerle, 33, 5132 Ridgewood Road East, was detained on charges of felony burglary and misdemeanor interference with custody, Sheriff’s Sgt. Scott Elliott said.
A woman told deputies that Haemmerle walked into her home in the 5000 block of Ridgewood Road East in Moorefield Twp. and took the child “against the child’s wishes” about 5 p.m.
The woman said she’d gone out and had given a 13-year-old girl permission to watch the 8-year-old. The woman was able to get the girl back without further incident.
Deputies located Haemmerle at his residence and arrested him. STAFF REPORT
Husband arrested after fight with deputy
A Clark County sheriff’s deputy responding to a domestic call Wednesday evening had to deploy her Taser and wrestle a combative man to the ground, according to a statement from the Sheriff’s Office.
A woman told dispatchers that Michael A. Rogers, 37, of 100 Middle St., was becoming agitated and possibly violent.
The deputy encountered Rogers at the front door, and he allegedly refused to come outside and attempted to close the door on the deputy, then began fighting with her.
She activated her emergency button for help and deployed her Taser to gain compliance from him, according to the sheriff’s office.
He was placed in Clark County Jail after treatment at Springfield Regional Medical Center and was charged with obstructing official business, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, according to court records. STAFF REPORT
Woman says robber may have had gun
A 20-year-old Springfield woman told police she was walking in an alley behind the 1400 block of South Limestone Street when a man who acted as though he had a gun approached her and demanded everything she had.
She gave him her cell phone and he fled. She said she didn’t see a gun, but the man acted like he had one pointed at her from under his shirt. STAFF REPORT
• A laptop computer, valued at $1,500, was reported stolen between about 1 and 3 p.m. Wednesday an unlocked vehicle in the 1600 block of North Becthtle Avenue, Springfield.
• A gas grill, valued at $600, was reported stolen between 9 p.m. Tuesday and 11:30 a.m. Wednesday from a home in the 300 block of Raffensperger Avenue, Springfield.
• Various electronic gaming items, valued at more than $880, were reported stolen between 12:30 and 2 a.m. Wednesday during a home burglary in the 700 block of Burt Street, Springfield.
• A South Limestone Street Wendy’s restaurant employee reported several items of their jewelry, valued at more than $870, stolen from a backpack between noon and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• A wrought iron fence and gate, valued at $1,500, was reported stolen between 9 a.m. Monday and 2 p.m. Tuesday from a home in the 20 block of South Foster Street, Springfield.
• A wallet containing cash, valued at more than $500, was reported stolen between 10 and 11 p.m. Saturday at an apartment in the 800 block of East John Street, Springfield. STAFF REPORTS