Springfield Chinese restaurant robbed
Dragon China, 2039 E. Main St., was robbed Sunday night, according to a Springfield police report.
A man reportedly walked into the restaurant about 8:45 p.m. holding a hooded sweatshirt over his mouth and carrying a pistol and demanded money.
Employees gave him money from the cash register and he fled. STAFF REPORT
Man beaten, hospitalized
A Springfield man had just arrived home between 11 and 11:40 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of South Lowry Avenue when several males rushed him and beat him in the head with sticks and baseball bats, the victim told Springfield police.
He was transported to Springfield Regional Medical Center for treatment of injuries to his scalp, body and wrist. STAFF REPORT
Man arrested on menacing, auto theft charges
Larry L. Cunningham, 47, of 39 E. Cassilly St., was placed in Clark County Jail Sunday afternoon on charges of menacing and criminal damaging in one case, and felony theft of a vehicle and receiving stolen property charges in a second case.
Police were called to a neighbor’s home on the report that Cunningham had threatened a man there and broke out a window with a beer bottle.
Officers alleged that Cunningham threatened to kill the victim in front of them, and called Springfield medics racial slurs as they prepared to transport him to the hospital.
While on scene investigating that incident, a woman the suspect knows told officers he’d stolen a car earlier in the day.
A vehicle reported stolen from the Springfield Regional Medical Center lot was located in the alley behind Cunningham’s residence, according to the report. STAFF REPORT
Woman jailed on domestic charge
Samantha J. Nick, 27, of Hadley Road, was placed in Clark County Jail Sunday on a domestic violence charge.
Officers determined she was the primary aggressor in an altercation between her and a 40-year-old man she knows at her home about 2:30 p.m. Sunday. STAFF REPORT
• Hand tools, a CB radio and two belt buckles, valued at $1,100, were reported stolen between midnight and 2 p.m. Sunday during a vehicle break-in in the 900 block of Sunset Avenue.
• A lawnmower, valued at $500, was reported stolen between July 17 and 8 a.m. Sunday from the back yard of a home in the 2400 block of Tavenner Street.
• A computer and a television, valued at $850, were reported stolen between 5 and 9 p.m. Sunday during a home burglary in the 2700 block of Maplewood Avenue.
• A television, valued at $1,000, was reported stolen between 10 a.m. and noon Monday during a home burglary in the 200 block of Crossgate Court.
• Holiday and home decorations, power and hand tools, laundry appliances and clothing, valued at more than $2,000, were reported stolen between 1 p.m. Friday and 1:30 p.m. Monday during a home burglary in the 1500 block of Columbus Avenue. STAFF REPORTS