Teen dies following Friday crash
A teenager died over the weekend after a crash in Champaign County on Friday afternoon.
Thomas Hunter Valentine, 17, of Russells Point, died at 12:42 a.m. Saturday at Miami Valley Hospital, according to the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office.
Valentine was driving an SUV in the southbound lanes of Ohio 235 when his vehicle went left of center and struck a dump truck about a mile south of U.S. 36, authorities said. Crews worked to extricate Valentine for over an hour, and he was taken by CareFlight to Miami Valley Hospital. The driver of the dump truck was not injured. Both were wearing safety belts, according to the sheriff’s office.
Valentine, an Indian Lake High School student, was a member of the football and track teams, according to the sheriff’s office. STAFF REPORT
Man charged with menacing
A Springfield man accused of pointing a non-working handgun at two people Friday night was placed in Clark County Jail on two counts of aggravated menacing, according to Springfield police.
According to a report, Billy R. Alcorn, 24, of 727 E. Pleasant St., pointed the handgun at a 25-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman on East Pleasant Street about 8:30 p.m. STAFF REPORT
Man charged with domestic assault
Tyrice D. White, 26, of 1307 Selma Road, was placed in Clark County Jail Saturday on charges of domestic violence and assault.
He’s accused of headbutting a 25-year-old woman he knows and grabbing her hair and throwing her to the ground, causing injury, about 4 a.m. Saturday at his home, according to a Springfield police report. STAFF REPORT
Man jailed on domestic charge
Jonathan M. Bozick, 29, of 24 E. Southern Ave., was placed in Clark County Jail Saturday on a felony domestic violence charge.
According to a Springfield police report, Bozick grabbed a 36-year-old woman he knows by the arm and pushed her into a door frame, causing injury.
The felony charge stems from a previous domestic violence conviction. STAFF REPORT
• A handgun and a wallet containing cash and miscellaneous cards, valued at more than $950, were reported stolen about 2:30 a.m. Saturday from a home in the 800 block of East Cecil Street, Springfield.
• Car audio equipment, valued at more than $1,970, was reported stolen during a car break-in between 11 p.m. Friday and about 10 a.m. Saturday at Super 8, West Leffel Lane, Springfield.
• Computer equipment, valued at $2,400, was reported stolen between 9:30 p.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday during a home burglary in the 2700 block of East Main Street, Springfield.
• Two televisions and assorted jewelry, valued at $1,700, was reported stolen between 2 p.m. Friday and midnight Saturday during a home burglary in the 2000 block of Gridley Court, Springfield.
• A television, valued at $600, was reported stolen between 6:20 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Friday during a home burglary in the 500 block of East Southern Avenue, Springfield.
• A diamond ring in a box, valued at $1,100, was reported stolen June 4 from the front seat of a vehicle during a break-in at the parking lot at El Toro, South Limestone Street, Springfield. STAFF REPORTS