New Carlisle man jailed on domestic charge
Jon McLain, 29, of 200 Mill Road, New Carlisle, was placed in Clark County Jail Tuesday on charges of domestic violence and assault.
According to a Clark County sheriff’s report, he put a chord around the neck of a 26-year-old woman he knows, as well as dragged her back into his home as she tried to leave during an argument, causing bruises to her arms, about 10:45 p.m. STAFF REPORT
Man accused of hitting another with beer glass
Scott Heinzen, 33, of 1708 Highland Ave., admitted to hitting his 46-year-old friend in the head with a beer glass about 9 p.m. Tuesday at Sugarbakers, 350 Forrest Ave., and was charged with felonious assault, according to a police report.
Heinzen was later located at his home by Springfield police and was transported by medic to Springfield Regional Medical Center for treatment of a cut on a hand before being placed in Clark County Jail. The victim refused treatment at the scene. STAFF REPORT
Man jailed on domestic charge
Keith A. Moore, 32, of 550 W. Perrin Ave., was placed in Clark County Jail Tuesday on a domestic violence charge.
According to a Springfield police report, he placed a 31-year-old woman he knows in a choke hold, making it difficult for her to breath, bit her finger and slapped her in the face, about 11:40 p.m. Tuesday at his home. STAFF REPORT
• A DVD player and 50 DVDs, valued at $530, were reported stolen between June 6 and Tuesday from a home in the 2600 block of Tecumseh Avenue, Springfield.
• A television, valued at $1,400, was reported stolen between noon and 12:45 p.m. Wednesday during a home burglary in the 800 block of East Rose Street, Springfield.
• Power and hand tools, valued at nearly $1,450, were reported stolen between 5 p.m. Tuesday and about 5:15 a.m. Wednesday from a Clark State Community College storage garage in the 300 block of South Fountain Avenue, Springfield.
• A chain saw, air compressor and porcelain doll, valued at $510, were reported stolen between 8 p.m. Tuesday and about 7 a.m. Wednesday during a break-in of a shed in the 500 block of East Southern Avenue, Springfield.
• About $500 in copper tubing and wiring were reported cut and stolen from four air conditioning units between 5 p.m. Monday and 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, at Family Dental Care, 1240 E. Main St, Springfield. STAFF REPORTS.