Man flees police into private home
Michael Wills II, 34, of 525 N. Shaffer St., allegedly fled on foot from Springfield officers about 8 p.m. Thursday and into a private home in the 1000 block of Tibbetts Avenue in Springfield.
According to a report, the officers observed Wills walking on East Liberty Street and knew he had outstanding warrants. He then ran from them to the home and shut and locked out an officer who was pursuing on foot.
He was taken to jail and charged with burglary, obstructing official business, possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Police also served him with two warrants of nonsupport, parole violation and multiple traffic warrants. STAFF REPORT
• A bicycle, valued at $500, was reported stolen between 7 p.m. and 8 a.m. Friday from a home in the 500 block of South Belmont Avenue, Springfield.
• Fishing poles, a GPS unit, and a battery jump starter, valued at $910, were reported stolen between 9 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 a.m. Friday from a vehicle in the 2800 block of Maplewood Avenue, Springfield.
• A tablet computer, valued at more than $580, was reported stolen between March 21 and 31 from the Salvation Army chapel, 15 S. Plum St., Springfield.
• An unauthorized withdrawal of $710 was made on a Springfield resident’s stolen federal benefits card between 4:30 and 5 p.m. Monday.
• A laptop, prescription painkiller, cash, DVDs and a cell phone, valued at nearly $2,100, were reported stolen between 6 and 9:30 a.m. Friday from a home in the 100 block of Gonder Street, Springfield.
• A wallet, containing $500 in cash and other items, was reported stolen between 2 and 2:45 p.m. Friday from a shopping cart at Kroger, 2300 N. Limestone St. STAFF REPORTS