2 men robbed at gunpoint
Two men who were riding skateboards about 1 a.m. Friday in the area of West John Street and Woodward Avenue were reportedly robbed at gunpoint.
The victims told Springfield police that two males approached, pulled ski masks down over their face and one reached in his waistband and pulled out a revolver and demanded money.
The victims fled on foot, but one dropped his book bag containing a laptop, headphones and cash, valued at $1,050. The book bag and its contents were not recovered.
No injuries or shots were reported. STAFF REPORT
Man accused of stealing car
Kendrick D. Thompson, 27, of 2850 E. Main St., Apt. 31, was placed in Clark County Jail on a theft charge Thursday morning.
According to a Springfield police report, Thompson stole the keys to the vehicle and fled in it about 5:20 a.m. from the 500 block of West High Street. He was taken into custody after fleeing the vehicle on foot from a traffic stop.
The vehicle was released to its owner. STAFF REPORT
• Jewelry, cash and a prescription medication valued at nearly $550 were reported stolen between 10:30 p.m. Thursday and about 2:50 a.m. Friday during a home burglary in the 500 block of West Third Street, Springfield.
• Three rings valued at more than $2,380 were reported stolen overnight June 8 into June 9 from a home in the 800 block of Stone Crossing, Springfield. According to a report, two of the rings were located at Ohio Coin, where they’d been pawned, and one was in the possession of the suspect.
• More than $510 were reported stolen from a Springfield woman’s welfare account on June 3, according to a Thursday report.
• Four televisions, two CB radios and two chainsaws valued at $800 were reported stolen between 2 a.m. and 4:50 p.m. Thursday during a home burglary in the 500 block of East Grand Avenue, Springfield.
• A Springfield man told police $19,000 was stolen from his pre-paid credit card on June 3, according to a Wednesday report.
• Video games and a car stereo valued at more than $650 were reported stolen between 5:30 p.m. Wednesday and 5:30 a.m. Thursday from an unlocked car and a locked home in the 2300 block of East Main Street, Springfield. STAFF REPORTS