Two men were indicted by a Champaign County grand jury that accused them of operating a methamphetamine lab in Champaign County late last year, while two other men also face charges of rape in separate, unrelated cases.
Timothy J. Ball, 29, of Dayton, and Larry D. Jenkins, 41, of New Carlisle, were indicted this week on charges that include illegal manufacture of drugs, aggravated possession of drugs, possessing criminal tools and illegal assembly of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs. Both men are being held in the Tri-County Jail.
According to information from the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office, Ball and Jenkins were arrested last month. The Champaign County and the Miami County sheriffs’ offices conducted a joint investigation. Authorities were in the 12000 block of Ohio 55 in Jackson Twp. when they “located items consistent with that of a methamphetamine lab.” Volunteers from the Christiansburg Fire Company and agents from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation assisted at the scene.
In an unrelated case, Uzyssie J. Landers, 40, who is being held in the Tri-County Jail, was indicted on one count each of rape and kidnapping. According to his indictment, Landers was accused of removing a woman from a residence in January and restraining her against her will.
In a separate case, Theodore E. Harper, 35, of 8292 Urbana Woodstock Pike, Woodstock, was also indicted on a single count of rape. He was accused of engaging in sexual conduct with a victim who was younger than 13 years old between January 2005 and March 2012.
Others indicted include:
• Tyrone C. Otstot, 43, of 2873 N. U.S. 68, Urbana, on one count each of possession of cocaine and tampering with evidence.
•Brittany D. Gibson, 27, of 365 Henry St., Urbana, on one count each of aggravated possession of drugs and theft of drugs.
• Joshua R. Blanton, 34, of 208 Scioto St., Urbana, on one count each of possession of heroin, possessing criminal tools and endangering children.
• Terry Van Laird, 44, of 861 S. Main St., Urbana, on one count each of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and breaking and entering.
• Donald L. Martin, 34, Tri-County Jail, on two counts each of assault and obstructing official business.
• Shaun C. Crabtree, 27, of Lena, Ohio, one count of domestic violence.
• Patricia S. Pelfrey, 40, of Cable, Ohio on two counts of insurance fraud and one count each of telecommunications fraud, theft and attempted theft.
• Tony A. Pelfrey, 42, of 1879 Yocom Road, Cable, on two counts of insurance fraud and one count each of telecommunications fraud, theft and attempted theft.
• Michael J. Goheen, 39, Tri-County Jail, on one count each of breaking and entering and petty theft.
• Scott J. Randall, 34, of 326 N. Russell St., Urbana, on one count each of breaking and entering and petty theft.
• William Kyle, 53, of West Liberty, Ohio, on two counts of inducing panic and one count disrupting public services.
• Zachary D. Erb, 23, of 237 W. Poplar St., St. Paris, on two counts of menacing and one count each of burglary, assault and disorderly conduct.