Police are still looking for a man who reportedly threatened a grocery store employee with a box cutter during a theft attempt and then fled the business on foot.
Lamaar N. Helmuth, 21, was indicted by a Champaign County Grand Jury on two counts of robbery and one count each of felonious assault and aggravated robbery. According to information from the Urbana Police Division, Helmuth was attempting to steal liquor on March 30 from Urbana’s Kroger store, 1637 E. U.S. 36, when an employee tried to detain him.
A struggle ensued and Helmuth reportedly bit the employee on the hand and attacked the employee with a box cutter, causing an abrasion on the employee’s side. Helmuth then fled to a truck outside the business and asked the driver to help him escape, but the driver refused, investigators alleged.
Officers said Helmuth fled on foot, and police have not yet been able to locate him. He remains at large, and police consider him dangerous. Residents with information on his whereabouts are asked to call (937) 652-4350.
Others indicted include:
• Jeremiah A. Hinkle, 31, of Bellefontaine, on one count each of possession of heroin and possessing criminal tools.
• Joseph A. Hamilton, 44, of 403 Railroad St., Urbana, on one count each of possession of heroin and possessing criminal tools.
• Racheal A. Ferguson, 37, of 329 Taft Ave., Urbana, on five counts of forgery and one count of theft.
• Shawn D. Langford, 38, Orient, Ohio, on one count each of theft and receiving stolen property.
• Brian M. Woodruff, 25, of 7637 Ohio 187, Mechanicsburg, on one count each of theft and theft of drugs.
• Charles E. Dorsey Jr., 31, of 284 E. Sandusky St., Mechanicsburg, on one count each of having weapons while under disability, aggravated menacing, assault and attempted tampering with evidence.
• Michael A. Terrell Sr., 32, Tri-County Jail, on two counts of telecommunications harassment.
• Sean R. Pond, 35, of 1275 Neal Road, Urbana, on one count of failure to appear as required by recognizance.
• Bradley E. Hutchinson, 35, of St. Paris, on three counts passing bad checks.
• Deacon M. Minna, 29, of Yellow Springs, on four counts of harassment with a bodily substance and three counts of assault.
• David A. Young, 33, last known address 1040 S. Main St., Urbana , on one count each failure to verify address and failure to provide notice of change of address.