The call came as a woman reported being raped at a friend’s house near the campus of Ohio State University.
The sobbing caller tells the woman she woke up with a gun to her head, and a man demanded she performed sex acts on him.
She then asks if the 911 operator can help find the accused and her location through a cell phone the man took when he left.
The dispatcher says, “No. We can’t. That’s why I need to know where you are.”
When the distraught woman tried to give more information, the dispatcher told her, “Ma’am, you’re going to have to quit crying so I can get the information from you."
When the woman couldn’t answer other questions, ABC News reports the operator was blunt.
“Well, they’re not going to be able to find him with the information that you’ve given.”
But Columbus, Ohio, police found and arrested 30-year-old Michael Callaghan on charges of rape and burglary.
The 911 operator won’t be disciplined.
- Twins born 24 days apart in Boston
- Man arrested again for sex act with inflatable pool raft
- Waitress finally gets $1,000 Mother's Day tip
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Neighbor captures video of kids kicking, throwing puppy