A Detroit-area family is coping with the loss of two loved ones after a horrific chain of events.
According to the Detroit News, 21-year-old Brenda Tucker shot and killed herself in the back of a family-owned bar Sunday morning.
Witnesses say Tucker suddenly grabbed a gun, walked into a back room at the bar, and shot herself in the chest. She had been known to be suffering from depression.
After an ambulance left to take Tucker to a local hospital, her 20-year-old brother, Ricky, rushed off in his sister's car to meet family members at the hospital. He never made it.
According to authorities, he was killed in a crash with an SUV on his way to St. John Hospital.
According to the Detroit Free Press, investigators believe Ricky crossed over the center line, hitting the other vehicle.
The driver of the SUV suffered only minor injuries.
Sunday's deaths marked just the most recent tragedy for the Tucker family.
According to family members, Ricky Tucker fatally shot his stepfather in self-defense six months earlier.
More Popular Headlines
- Daughter kills mother and brother, dad kills daughter
- 'Hot mom' slammed for Facebook photo asking 'What's your excuse?'
- Georgia teen's body missing organs, stuffed with newspaper
- Man accidentally shoots, kills girlfriend during hug
- 18-foot-long sea creature found off California coast