This quick and easy way to cook and shuck corn has been making the rounds on social media lately, and why not — ’tis the season!
It takes just a few minutes for one ear of corn.
This Facebook video suggests you cook the corn in the microwave oven first, then cut the husk and remove the cob.
The video below suggests you cut the corn before microwaving it. It works both ways.
If you’ve never tried it, the video may inspire you to run out and get some corn to try it.
Cooks.com suggests the following microwave cooking time for corn on the cob with husks intact. Some other sources suggest up to 4 minutes per ear of corn, so try one ear first and adjust as needed:
- 1 ear - 1-1/2 minutes
- 2 ears - 3 to 4 minutes
- 3 ears - 5 to 6 minutes
- 4 ears - 7 to 8 minutes
- 6 ears - 8 to 9 minutes.
- Video of alleged beach theft earns women an Internet shaming
- Abandoned dog with "free" message written on body finds new home
- Alleged prostitute charged with manslaughter in heroin death of Google exec
- Photos: 22 stranded for hours after Magic Mountain roller coaster derails
- Facebook removes teen hunter's photos