Award-winning French photographer Sophie Gamand admits she held some prejudices about pit bulls.
Known for her “wet dog” photography series, Gamand was determined to capture the soft and sweet side of pit bulls with her camera. She had seen such personality traits through her rescue volunteer work with pit bulls, but felt the dogs were often portrayed as rough and tough animals.
Gamand named the photo series, “Flower Power,” and each image features a pit bull adorned with floral headpieces.
The New York-based photographer worked with two local rescue groups known for their dedication to saving pit bulls: Sean Casey Animal Rescue and Second Chance Rescue. Gamand used their adoptable pit bulls as models for the project. Gamand is offering prints for sale to the public, with proceeds going to the two rescue groups.
Gamand says she is overwhelmed by the positive reaction the photo series has received so far, and encourages others to spread the word via social media.
- Elderly couple dies hours apart after 62 years of marriage
- Owner considers keeping pit bull that reportedly killed her mother
- More owners, vets claim dog deaths may be linked to Trifexis drug
- Restaurant offers discount to people who pray before their meal
- Man angered by 3 missing Chips Ahoy! cookies tries to kill roommate, police say