A few weeks ago I did an art piece using a globe and since then, I have been wracking my brain for another fun way to use the other half of the globe. This week, I came up with a great decoration for any traveler to enjoy in their home. Plus for just $6.96, this is an easy, quick and unique piece good for any home. This bowl can be used for many things, but if you put a candle in it like I did, make sure the candle is enclosed and sitting on a bed of rocks to protect the inside of the globe from the heat.
You Will Need:
Items I Purchased:
• Globe - $1.99 at a local thrift store
• Shell pieces - $3.99 at Michael’s Arts and Crafts
• Acrylic paint – 49 cents at Michael’s Arts and Crafts
• Candle holder – 49 cents at local thrift store
Items I Already Had:
• E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive (found at your arts and crafts store)
• Foam brush
• Mod Podge
1. Cut your globe in half using a hand saw.
2. Once your globe is halved, paint the inside of one half with a pale blue acrylic paint. Let dry and apply a second coat.
3. Once dry, apply a coat of Mod Podge to the inside of your globe.
4. Use your adhesive and glue one half of your globe to the top of the candle base. This will create a bowl.
5. Fill the bowl with a filler material. I used shell pieces that I purchased at my local arts and crafts store.
6. Place your candle inside and you are ready to go!