School is here, and if the student in your life is looking for an inexpensive and unique way to decorate their dorm, why not try this week’s do-it-yourself project?
All you need is a little blank canvas, which I got on sale at my local craft store. And $2.50 later you are ready to make some art.
Items I purchased:
• Blank canvas - $4.99 for a pack of two at Michael’s Arts and Crafts
Items I already had:
• Painter’s tape
• Exacto knife
• Cutting board
1. Place the tape in an abstract pattern around your canvas. You do not want it to look too uniform, but instead very random in design.
2. Once you are happy with your design, place your canvas onto a cutting board (so you don’t harm your table) and begin cutting out the canvas pieces that are not covered by the tape. You will want to use your knife for this.
3. When all of the canvas pieces have been cut out, remove the tape and trim any frayed pieces with your scissors.
4. Hang up and enjoy. You can also paint the canvas if you want something more than white in your room.