A man reportedly attempted to break into award-winning actress Sandra Bullock's home early Sunday morning and, according to a number of outlets, she was inside at the time. Scary! (Via Flickr / djtomdog)
That makes him what police call a "hot prowler" suspect, when a criminal tries to break into someone's house while that person is inside. (Via New York Daily News)
According to the Los Angeles Times, when police arrived at around 6:30 a.m., the 39-year-old man was in Bullock's yard "checking out the house."
Bullock was not hurt.
As of Sunday no charges had been filed as police look into whether he was a stalker.
The incident took place just hours after the 49-year-old accepted the Decade of Hotness Award at the Guy's Choice Awards Saturday night. (Via Warner Bros. Pictures / "The Blind Side")
During her acceptance speech Bullock joked, "It should really be Decade of Hot Mess. That I can own and I do that that well and I'm still convinced I'm up here because someone dropped out and they needed someone quickly and we know I'm home on Saturdays. (Via E!)
It's unclear if Bullock's 4-year-old son, Louis, was inside the home as well.
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Newlywed couple killed in head-on crash with each other
- 13-year-old cancer victim leaves behind secret note
- Susan Spencer-Wendel, former Palm Beach Post reporter and author, dies
- Two killed, multiple injured trying to retrieve cellphone from toilet