Ruffalo dropped his wallet during a trip to Chicago where he was the grand marshal for an event.
Ross McHale looked inside and found an ID but didn’t have a clue who Ruffalo was.
So he did what any of us would. He Googled it.
TMZ reports that's when he found Ruffalo's Twitter account and sent a message.
Ruffalo was quick to reply.
McHale told TMZ, returning the wallet was really no big deal, adding, “if he ever finds my wallet, I expect him to return the favor."
Initial reports claimed Ruffalo didn't offer a reward. McHale once again used Twitter to set the record straight.
- Must-see: Viral photo shows dog guarding its dying companion
- Giant flying bug with fangs discovered in China
- Queen of England photobomb goes viral
- Former telemarketer reveals how to stop sales calls for good
- Police: Woman lived with dead mother for three years