Pop star Justin Bieber, 19, is free on bond after being arrested early Thursday morning in Miami Beach, accused of DUI and drag racing. A judge granted Bieber a $2,500 bond.
According to Miami Beach Police Department, Bieber admitted to smoking pot and to drinking alcohol, as well as consuming prescription medications, prior to the arrest, which was confirmed on the department's official Twitter page Thursday morning.
He allegedly failed a sobriety test and was taken into custody.
NBC 6 reported that the pop star was in a rented Lamborghini when he was arrested. Miami Dade-Police spokesman Sgt. Bobby Hernandez tells WSVN in South Florida that officers saw two cars racing at 4:09 a.m. Thursday.
The Miami Herald is reporting that Bieber has been in South Florida for the past few days and was at a night club on Lincoln Road Wednesday night.
It was Bieber's second run-in with police recently. Authorities raided his California mansion last week in relation to an egg-throwing incident. Once police entered the home, they found a collection of drugs and paraphernalia, according to TMZ.
This is a developing story. Please check back for new details.
—Compiled from staff and wire reports
- 17-year-old created malware used in Target breach: report
- Nun gives birth to baby, names him after Pope Francis
- Brain researcher claims smoking while pregnant may lead to gay babies
- Family receives letter addressed to "Daughter Killed In Car Crash"
- Florida House candidate calls for hanging of Obama