"Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson has not let therecent controversy surrounding him and his family's hit A&E show keep him from his routine. After the family released a statement hinting they'd seek to part ways with the network if Phil's suspension remained in place, they moved on.
After 50 years of marriage Papaw Phil finally gave Mamaw Kay a wedding ring for Christmas ❤️ pic.twitter.com/PSBWqdjFAu— Sadie Robertson (@sadierob) December 26, 2013
The family's Facebook page promoted a blood drive and Phil was spotted going to church, where his prayer group lifted up a friend who had been diagnosed with cancer.
Phil evidently has found time to shop for jewelry, too. His granddaughter's Twitter post indicated that after five decades of marital bliss, the "Duck Dynasty" patriarch has finally put a ring on it.
"After 50 years of marriage Papaw Phil finally gave Mamaw Kay a wedding ring for Christmas," Sadie Robertson posted with this photo.
You can't rush these things, right?
— Jennifer Brett writes The Buzz blog for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Trending on Facebook
- Woman's touching letter reaches family years after her death
- Girl's lost letter to Santa falls from sky to stranger with incredible connection
- For sale: 'Slightly haunted' home
- Report: Phil Robertson to return to "Duck Dynasty"
- Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'