Fifth Third Bank’s job search program introduced earlier in 2013 to help struggling mortgage customers has now been expanded to all bank customers.
Fifth Third, Southwest Ohio’s largest bank, launched in February a homeowner reemployment initiative. The Cincinnati-based bank signed a multi-year contract with NextJob, a Bend, Ore.-based reemployment company, to provide job search services for unemployed Fifth Third mortgage customers.
On July 10, the companies announced that all Fifth Third customers who bank online at www.53.com can access the Job Seeker’s Toolkit for free. The program was also expanded to include unemployed and underemployed customers, according to bank officials.
The bank is offering the toolkit, a web-based, online program, at no charge to its Internet banking customers, including checking and savings account holders and those with other types of borrowing or investment relationships with the company.
The program offers bank customers the following to assist with their job searches, according to Fifth Third:
- Creating an effective resume, compelling cover letters and a detailed marketing plan;
- Best job board aggregators and leads;
- Networking and the hidden job market;
- Interview training and preparation;
- Assessing career direction and transferable skills;
- Follow-up to support success in the new job;
- Building a 30-second commercial;
- Developing a personal brand; and
- Learning the latest techniques to use social media effectively to find and land jobs.
Customers can access the job search program online at www.53.com.