New e-cigarette shop coming to Kettering


Vapor Haus, which opened a shop in the Belmont neighborhood of Dayton in November, will open a second location in Kettering in June, and its owner plans to open four more shops in the region’s fast-growing e-cigarette and vapor retail market in the months ahead.

Vapor Haus owner Chris Voudris said his newest shop at 4013 Marshall Road at East Stroop Road in the Fairmont Plaza Shopping Center has a target opening date of June 1. Voudris signed a lease Monday on a 1,440-square-foot space, according to Anthony Pinto, commercial real estate manager for Huber Management Corp. in Washington Twp. The lease begins May 1, Pinto and Voudris said.

Vapor Haus opened its first store at 617 Watervliet Ave. in Dayton, and Voudris said strong customer response to that store prompted the expansion, and his plans to add four more stores in the region.

“We’ve had our eye on Kettering for a while,” Voudris said. The Fairmont Plaza Shopping Center area has strong traffic and population density, he said.

Vapor Haus is one of at least half a dozen e-cigarette/vapor shops that have opened in the last 18 months, including several in the last 10 weeks. And the owners of most of those shops say they are looking to add more locations in the Dayton and Springfield area.

The vapor shops serve customers looking for an alternative to smoking cigarettes. Tobacco-free e-cigarettes are battery-operated devices that heat liquid nicotine and flavors into a vapor that the user inhales.

The industry faces the possibility of regulation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which is expected to announce restrictions to advertising, sales to minors and perhaps a limitation on “e-juice” flavors. Ohio recently passed legislation that would ban sales to minors.


Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Business

Spectrum reports TV streaming app service issues
Spectrum reports TV streaming app service issues

Spectrum customers are reporting service interruptions while attempting to use the Spectrum TV app, the company said on Friday afternoon. “Spectrum customers are experiencing a service interruption while attempting to use the Spectrum TV App. This is causing errors including incorrect login information. Technicians are working diligently to restore...
Amazon raises monthly Prime membership rate
Amazon raises monthly Prime membership rate

The monthly membership fee for Amazon Prime rose Friday from $10.99 to $12.99. Company officials said the annual membership will remain at $99 dollars. Monthly customers do not get access to Amazon Video, which costs $8.99 a month. The last Prime subscription hike came in 2014, when Amazon increased its yearly membership from $79 to $99. The e-commerce...
Starbucks testing out stores that do not accept cash
Starbucks testing out stores that do not accept cash

Starbucks is testing out a cashless checkout in stores nationwide. As of Tuesday, one downtown Seattle store accepts only cards or mobile payments, according to a report from KIRO-7. The coffee chain is receiving mixed reviews from customers, some who like the convenience while others worry about privacy issues. Robert Safian, editor of Fast Company...
Top tips for selling your old stuff on eBay (and actually making cash)
Top tips for selling your old stuff on eBay (and actually making cash)

Too much clutter, too little money, too many gifts you didn't like... an eBay auction is one of the simplest solutions to all three issues. If your trash might be someone else's treasure, an eBay business is simple to start and accessible to just about anyone. "It has low start-up costs and it can be started out of your home," noted the ...
Moldy comforter among latest product recalls
Moldy comforter among latest product recalls

The latest product recalls include a potentially moldy comforter, an unstable bassinette, and snow globes that could potentially cause a fire, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.    The Hudson comforters by UGG under recall were sold at Bed Bath & Beyond and may contain mold which could pose a risk of infection or respiratory...
More Stories